Hemp Horse Feed | 5kg bag
100% Australian Horse Feed! Hemp is rich in anti-oxidants, high in fibre , Omega oils and essential fatty acids | Features the correct ratio of zinc to copper | suitable as a feed for grain intolerant horses | High energy, sustained release Horse Food.
A natural superfood that your horses love!
- Excellent digestible fibre (around 27% fibre).
- Horses find it highly palatable and it is highly digestible in the hind-gut.
- A good source of cool energy with 2.5 times more utilisable energy than protein or carbohydrates.
- Does not need to be heated treated to be edible (unlike soy).
- Free of phytoestrogens (unlike soy based feeds).
- Is considered a super food that can ease joint pain and inflammation.
- The oils and protein contribute to improving skin and coat health and hoof condition.
- Unlike soy, nuts and other legumes, hemp does not contain trypsin (enzyme) inhibitors and oligosaccharides, which can cause stomach and gastric upsets.
Recommended feeding rate is 1-2 cups per day as a supplementary maintenance dose *2-4 cups per day for performance or recovery.
We recommend to start with 1 cup in the morning and one in the evening and then increase it by one cup every two days until you reach the maximum amount for your horses with special needs... After you are seeing the results drop back down to half the maximum amount and adjust your feeding rates until you find the best rate for each horse.
Hemp Horse Feeding rate guide
Less than 270kg 1-4 Cups
270 - 360kg 1-5 Cups
360 - 450kg 2-6 Cups
450- 590kg 4-8 Cups
More than 590kg 6-10 Cups
Discount Freight Service
We offer economy freight via www.e-go.com.au shipped from the depot at Lismore NSW 2480. Further information at the checkout. Get your discount freight quote here.
Measurements for 15kg bags are; 60x35x20 cm
Disclaimer: Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional's advice.